Frequently Asked Questions
How does my student apply?
- Click the Apply tab or link anywhere it appears on this website.
- The application form is not compatible with mobile devices (e.g., smart phones or tablets). For best results, use Internet Explore, Firefox,
or Safari web browsers.
- If you have trouble with the online application form, email email@example.com with
your name and address and we will mail a paper application.
- Please ensure that your student completes the registration application, especially essay questions. Parents should complete the scholarship application.
What is the camp selection process?
- Applicants are selected by University of Arkansas faculty and staff based on the quality
of application essays.
- Not all students who apply will be accepted to the program(s) of their choice.
When are the application deadlines?
- Camp applications are due May 1, 2017
- Scholarship applications are due May 2, 2017. Please note that income verification
documents should be submitted by the scholarship application deadline.
- All applications are reviewed at the same time so there is no priority given for early
application. Acceptance decisions will be made in mid-May.
How can my student have the best chance of being accepted to the camp(s) of their
- Have your child all required essays to the best of their ability.
- Have teachers or counselors review student application materials prior to submitting.
- Do not send teacher recommendations. We no longer require nor accept teacher recommendation letters.
Are scholarships or other forms of financial aid available for your camps?
- We do not want finances to ever stand in the way of motivated students who really want to attend University of Arkansas
Summer Engineering Camps.
- Scholarships are available for ALL programs and are based on need.
- Scholarships range from small awards to full camp funding.
- Priority is given to students with a demonstrated financial need.
Where are the camps located?
- We will send information about the location of each camps with your acceptance information.
What should my student bring to camp?
- The only thing your child needs to bring to most camps is an open mind and a great
- A detailed packing list will be sent to students accepted to the Engineering Summer
Academy residential program.
What should my student wear to camp?
- You child should wear what they usually wear to school.
- Please note that closed toe shoes are required in the labs and some Engineering Summer
Academy students will also be required to wear long pants on lab days.
Is transportation provided to and from camps?
- Transportation is ONLY provided for GirlTREC camp.
- Transportation is NOT provided for any other camps.